POLICE have discovered the body of a man in woodland behind a pub in Church Langley.
The man – believed to be a 55-year-old Harlow resident – was reported missing to police at around 8.30am on Wednesday (April 11).
With concerns for his welfare, officers conducted an extensive local search with support from the force helicopter before discovering the man's body in a parcel of woodland behind the Potters Arms pub shortly before 4pm yesterday (Thursday, April 12).
The area off Church Langley Way was cordoned off as forensics teams examined the scene. The man’s body was then taken away by ambulance at around 7.30pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A post-mortem will be carried out in due course, with an inquest set to take place later this year.
- Harlow hospital's 'miracle child' survived despite not breathing for first 23 minutes of life
- The Queen to visit Essex in May
- Harlow Police renew witness appeal after victim, Jake Taylor, dies of unrelated medical condition
- UPDATE: M11 reopened following multi-vehicle crash
- UKIP announce date for 'day of action' in Harlow
- Police search for man after school burglary