POLICE have discovered the body of a man in woodland behind a pub in Church Langley.
The man – believed to be a 55-year-old Harlow resident – was reported missing to police at around 8.30am on Wednesday (April 11).
With concerns for his welfare, officers conducted an extensive local search with support from the force helicopter before discovering the man's body in a parcel of woodland behind the Potters Arms pub shortly before 4pm yesterday (Thursday, April 12).
The area off Church Langley Way was cordoned off as forensics teams examined the scene. The man’s body was then taken away by ambulance at around 7.30pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A post-mortem will be carried out in due course, with an inquest set to take place later this year.
- Fighter jets over Stortford and Harlow amid emergency situation at Stansted Airport
- Efit of man believed to have indecently exposed himself in Harlow
- Commonwealth Games: Usain Bolt on Manchester United, the Gaza crisis, Scottish independence and Jamaican netball
- Illegal traveller encampment moves from Coldharbour Road to Second Avenue in Harlow
- Classic car and motorbike show returns to Harlow
- Passmores Academy team take on Yorkshire's peaks for No Child Without