POLICE have discovered the body of a man in woodland behind a pub in Church Langley.
The man – believed to be a 55-year-old Harlow resident – was reported missing to police at around 8.30am on Wednesday (April 11).
With concerns for his welfare, officers conducted an extensive local search with support from the force helicopter before discovering the man's body in a parcel of woodland behind the Potters Arms pub shortly before 4pm yesterday (Thursday, April 12).
The area off Church Langley Way was cordoned off as forensics teams examined the scene. The man’s body was then taken away by ambulance at around 7.30pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A post-mortem will be carried out in due course, with an inquest set to take place later this year.
- Sonic boom in Herts and Essex: your reactions
- Sonic boom behind mysterious bang reports
- Harlow man jailed for possession of cannabis
- Princess Alexandra Hospital student midwife scoops life-saving award
- Jail for carjacker who 'brought terror' to streets of Harlow
- Trio to stand trial over Harlow carjacking