POLICE have discovered the body of a man in woodland behind a pub in Church Langley.
The man – believed to be a 55-year-old Harlow resident – was reported missing to police at around 8.30am on Wednesday (April 11).
With concerns for his welfare, officers conducted an extensive local search with support from the force helicopter before discovering the man's body in a parcel of woodland behind the Potters Arms pub shortly before 4pm yesterday (Thursday, April 12).
The area off Church Langley Way was cordoned off as forensics teams examined the scene. The man’s body was then taken away by ambulance at around 7.30pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A post-mortem will be carried out in due course, with an inquest set to take place later this year.
- Four to appear in court after incident of violent disorder in Bishopsfield, Harlow
- Man and woman caught on CCTV after meat and alcohol theft
- Top ten things to do this Easter bank holiday weekend
- Poundland to open new store at Staple Tye
- Essex Police warning to drivers after thief steals unmarked patrol car from Metropolitan officer
- Harlow pensioner admits outraging public decency after performing sex act while sitting in his car