POLICE have discovered the body of a man in woodland behind a pub in Church Langley.
The man – believed to be a 55-year-old Harlow resident – was reported missing to police at around 8.30am on Wednesday (April 11).
With concerns for his welfare, officers conducted an extensive local search with support from the force helicopter before discovering the man's body in a parcel of woodland behind the Potters Arms pub shortly before 4pm yesterday (Thursday, April 12).
The area off Church Langley Way was cordoned off as forensics teams examined the scene. The man’s body was then taken away by ambulance at around 7.30pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
A post-mortem will be carried out in due course, with an inquest set to take place later this year.
- M25 to close for roadworks near Harlow
- Revellers stunned as Essex Police officers blast out hip hop classic Sound of da Police from patrol car
- Two-vehicle accident on Fifth Avenue, Harlow
- Champagne thieves: Pair caught on CCTV suspected of stealing bottles of fizz from Co-op store in Harlow
- Poundland opens its second store in Harlow
- Six arrests after warrants are carried out as part of phone scam investigation