A 78-YEAR-OLD man died yesterday (Thursday July 15) after being struck by a train near Harlow Mill railway station.
Police officers and paramedics from the Essex Air Ambulance service attended the scene following a report to police at 10.48am.
But the man – believed to be 78 and from Old Harlow – was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said the incident was currently being treated as non-suspicious and that a file was to be prepared for the coroner.
- High fertility in Harlow according to postcode data
- Police appeal for information about Carl Manton, wanted for questioning over incident of violent disorder in Bishopsfield, Harlow
- Crews called to fire in block of flats
- Poundland opens its second store in Harlow
- Champagne thieves: Pair caught on CCTV suspected of stealing bottles of fizz from Co-op store in Harlow
- Witness appeal after Harlow burglary