A 78-YEAR-OLD man died yesterday (Thursday July 15) after being struck by a train near Harlow Mill railway station.
Police officers and paramedics from the Essex Air Ambulance service attended the scene following a report to police at 10.48am.
But the man – believed to be 78 and from Old Harlow – was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police spokesman said the incident was currently being treated as non-suspicious and that a file was to be prepared for the coroner.
- Reality stars join forces for TOWIE-style show filmed in Harlow
- Racial abuse arrest: police seek witnesses to incident outside Asda in Water Gardens, Harlow
- Almost 100 Harlow roads to be repaired in £17.5m programme
- Fighter jets over Stortford and Harlow amid emergency situation at Stansted Airport
- Broken-down bus causing delays on M11 roundabout at Harlow
- Two-vehicle accident blocks Harlow road