Man held on suspicion of firearms offence released without charge
A NORFOLK man arrested in Harlow yesterday (Tuesday, July 16) on suspicion of possessing a firearm has been released without charge.
The 40-year-old was arrested by armed police on Southern Way after officers were called to an address in nearby Rundells following reports a man had been seen brandishing a gun.
The force’s helicopter had also been scrambled to the area to assist the search operation.
He was held in custody at Harlow Police Station while officers returned to the house to search the premises, but was later released without charge.
- Harlow hospital's 'miracle child' survived despite not breathing for first 23 minutes of life
- The Queen to visit Essex in May
- Harlow Police renew witness appeal after victim, Jake Taylor, dies of unrelated medical condition
- UPDATE: M11 reopened following multi-vehicle crash
- UKIP announce date for 'day of action' in Harlow
- Police search for man after school burglary