Man held on suspicion of firearms offence released without charge
A NORFOLK man arrested in Harlow yesterday (Tuesday, July 16) on suspicion of possessing a firearm has been released without charge.
The 40-year-old was arrested by armed police on Southern Way after officers were called to an address in nearby Rundells following reports a man had been seen brandishing a gun.
The force’s helicopter had also been scrambled to the area to assist the search operation.
He was held in custody at Harlow Police Station while officers returned to the house to search the premises, but was later released without charge.
- £59k Lotto prize remains unclaimed in Harlow
- Harlow estate agent pleads guilty to fraud
- Police called to car accident in Harlow
- Two vehicle crash closes two lanes of M25 between junction 28 (Brook Street) and junction 27 (M11)
- 10 inappropriate reasons to stop on the hard shoulder - including the driver who thought Adele's 'Fire' spelled trouble
- M25 to close overnight for repair work between M11/Harlow and Waltham Cross