Man held on suspicion of firearms offence released without charge
A NORFOLK man arrested in Harlow yesterday (Tuesday, July 16) on suspicion of possessing a firearm has been released without charge.
The 40-year-old was arrested by armed police on Southern Way after officers were called to an address in nearby Rundells following reports a man had been seen brandishing a gun.
The force’s helicopter had also been scrambled to the area to assist the search operation.
He was held in custody at Harlow Police Station while officers returned to the house to search the premises, but was later released without charge.
- Top ten things to do this Easter bank holiday weekend
- Four to appear in court after incident of violent disorder in Bishopsfield, Harlow
- Man and woman caught on CCTV after meat and alcohol theft
- Poundland to open new store at Staple Tye
- Harlow scouts selected for World Scout Jamboree in Japan
- Harlow pensioner admits outraging public decency after performing sex act while sitting in his car