Man held on suspicion of firearms offence released without charge
A NORFOLK man arrested in Harlow yesterday (Tuesday, July 16) on suspicion of possessing a firearm has been released without charge.
The 40-year-old was arrested by armed police on Southern Way after officers were called to an address in nearby Rundells following reports a man had been seen brandishing a gun.
The force’s helicopter had also been scrambled to the area to assist the search operation.
He was held in custody at Harlow Police Station while officers returned to the house to search the premises, but was later released without charge.
- M25 to close for roadworks near Harlow
- Revellers stunned as Essex Police officers blast out hip hop classic Sound of da Police from patrol car
- UPDATE: Two-vehicle accident on Fifth Avenue, Harlow
- Champagne thieves: Pair caught on CCTV suspected of stealing bottles of fizz from Co-op store in Harlow
- Poundland opens its second store in Harlow
- Six arrests after warrants are carried out as part of phone scam investigation