Man held on suspicion of firearms offence released without charge
A NORFOLK man arrested in Harlow yesterday (Tuesday, July 16) on suspicion of possessing a firearm has been released without charge.
The 40-year-old was arrested by armed police on Southern Way after officers were called to an address in nearby Rundells following reports a man had been seen brandishing a gun.
The force’s helicopter had also been scrambled to the area to assist the search operation.
He was held in custody at Harlow Police Station while officers returned to the house to search the premises, but was later released without charge.
- Reality stars join forces for TOWIE-style show filmed in Harlow
- Racial abuse arrest: police seek witnesses to incident outside Asda in Water Gardens, Harlow
- Almost 100 Harlow roads to be repaired in £17.5m programme
- Fighter jets over Stortford and Harlow amid emergency situation at Stansted Airport
- Broken-down bus causing delays on M11 roundabout at Harlow
- Two-vehicle accident blocks Harlow road