Celebrity XI to tackle police in Harlow charity match
STARS of TV and film will come up against the long legs of the law during a fundraising football match next weekend.
A celebrity team featuring actor Danny Dyer and TV presenter Jeff Brazier will line up against Harlow Police FC at The Link Sports and Social Club in Parsloe Road next Sunday (August 5) to raise money for Passmores Academy teacher Julian Ruddick’s Lupus Five appeal.
The annual charity kickabout is now in its third year and so far has raised thousands of pounds for good causes.
Harlow Police FC manager Stuart Burt, said: "This year we are playing on our home ground to raise money for The Lupus Five. This is a charity that Passmores Acad-emy is involved in as Jules Ruddick, one of the teachers there, has the condition and is currently in remission.
"Both teams are only too happy to support this very worthwhile cause and help highlight the work of the charity at the same time."
Gates open at 2.30pm and kick-off is at 3pm. The cost of admission is £2 for adults (£1 concessions).
- Woman seriously hurt as car crashes into tree while trying to evade police in Sawbridgeworth
- Teenager grabbed by man in car during attempted robbery near Staple Tye
- 'Wheeler dealer' found dead in field near Sawbridgeworth shot himself after getting threatening phone call
- Flood warnings issued in Essex as storms and 100mph gales set to cause havoc across UK
- Mark Hall Academy staff 'shocked' by death of former pupil Connor Ashmore in car accident
- Harlow Council blasted over hospital winter ward