Celebrity XI to tackle police in Harlow charity match
STARS of TV and film will come up against the long legs of the law during a fundraising football match next weekend.
A celebrity team featuring actor Danny Dyer and TV presenter Jeff Brazier will line up against Harlow Police FC at The Link Sports and Social Club in Parsloe Road next Sunday (August 5) to raise money for Passmores Academy teacher Julian Ruddick’s Lupus Five appeal.
The annual charity kickabout is now in its third year and so far has raised thousands of pounds for good causes.
Harlow Police FC manager Stuart Burt, said: "This year we are playing on our home ground to raise money for The Lupus Five. This is a charity that Passmores Acad-emy is involved in as Jules Ruddick, one of the teachers there, has the condition and is currently in remission.
"Both teams are only too happy to support this very worthwhile cause and help highlight the work of the charity at the same time."
Gates open at 2.30pm and kick-off is at 3pm. The cost of admission is £2 for adults (£1 concessions).
- Man arrested after armed police seize 'imitation' firearm in The Hides
- Three men facing deportation after being arrested in immigration raids on takeaways in Harlow and Sawbridgeworth
- Sonic boom in Herts and Essex: your reactions
- Sonic boom behind mysterious bang reports
- Harlow man jailed for possession of cannabis
- Trio to stand trial over Harlow carjacking