The latest Harlow business news
Harlow clinical negligence lawyer 'best in field'
A HARLOW-based clinical negligence lawyer has been recognised as best in his field by a respected international guide to the legal profession.
David Kerry - who heads up the medical negligence department and is senior partner at West Gate firm Attwaters - has been named London Clinical Negligence Lawyer of the Year by US-based lawyer rating firm Best Lawyers.
He received the accolade after being nominated by fellow solicitors in the UK.
"This new award for Attwaters rather came out of the blue, which made it all the more welcome as recognition of the work done by my medical negligence team serving clients from Essex and further afield," Mr Kerry said.
"We have achieved substantial settlements for many people that have been let down in circumstances where they needed and deserved the most professional and diligent medical care possible. This is satisfaction in itself the award is a bonus for my team."
The Lawyer of the Year award is not the first for David Kerry’s department or for Attwaters, which holds Investors In People silver accreditation and the Law Society’s Lexcel recognition for quality of client care.
Mr Kerry has already been given ‘starred individual’ status in Chambers and his firm is highly rated in Legal 500 UK - both publications recognising and listing leading UK lawyers.
- Sonic boom behind mysterious bang reports
- Sonic boom in Herts and Essex: your reactions
- Harlow man jailed for possession of cannabis
- Jail for carjacker who 'brought terror' to streets of Harlow
- Concerns raised over 'far-right links' to Harlow charity march in memory of murdered soldier Lee Rigby
- VIDEO: Killer jailed for a minimum of 15 years